Accurate moisture control has a strategic impact both in Primary and GLT processes: controlling blend moisture is critical to achieving the fastest making speeds and the target in-pack moisture content.
- Tobacco leaf processing
- Primary tobacco processing
- Reconsituted sheet tobacco
NDC TM710e is the definitive Tobacco Gauge, with full process integration capability thanks to its Ethernet communications backbone and the ability to communicate through all common Fieldbus protocols. TM710e is available in two configurations:
Both NDC configurations are available with an optional integrated or remote tobacco temperature measurement. Analog connectivity to the process is also available via the HMI and UserPort 710e Devices.
For at-line measurement, the NDC InfraLab e-Series At-Line Tobacco Analyzer provides fast, accurate single or multi-component measurements. The InfraLab, also available in moisture only and multi-component formats makes short work of tobacco analysis. With a 5 second measurement period per sample, InfraLab is the most viable alternative to the gravimetric moisture testing oven, as well as the continuous flow methods for nicotine and total reducing sugars.
- TEWS MW 1100 The portable tester MW 1100 is designed for fast and easy moisture measuring in leaf tobacco and cuts.
- TEWS MW 4300 / MW 4310 The systems for laboratory or atline use meet the highest standards of quality assurance with respect to routine manual tests using special sensors to measure, for example, green leaf, cut tobacco or stem and can measure moisture and tobacco weight for each individual cigarette or cigar.
- TEWS MW 1150 Easy-to-use laboratory instrument optimized for fast and accurate routine tests.
- TEWS MW 3011 Systems of type MW 3011 feature cigarette rod sensors and a very fast electronics. They can be installed in cigarette or cigar making machines to measure tobacco weight for weight monitoring.
- TEWS MW 4420 Testing station for measuring and analyzing the moisture and density profiles of cigarettes, including a system for suggesting improved settings of the cutter in the cigarette making machine.
- TEWS MW 4430 Testing station for the measuring of cigar moisture and density profiles.