Keit IRmadillo FTIR Spectrometer
Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy enables material identification by measuring the amount of light in the mid-infrared region absorbed at the molecular level. Specific molecular bonds absorb light at specific frequencies. Different compounds have different absorption fingerprints, which arise due to the unique combination and relative strengths of each compounds’ absorption frequencies.
FTIR spectrometers pass light through the sample of interest, splits it into two beams and introduces a path length difference before re-combining the beams to generate an interference pattern. A Fourier transformation of the pattern yields the constituent wavelengths of the original input beam – and thus the chemical fingerprint is identified.
Orange-Tri Product Information
Keit has developed the IRmadillo ™ as a rugged FTIR spectrometer based on a novel optical design. The spectrometer’s structural simplicity results in a uniquely compact and robust device for operating in tough manufacturing environments. Vibration tolerant, the Keit FTIR was originally developed to be fitted to a satellite. The resulting qualities have made the IRmadillo™ FTIR spectrometer an ideal analytical instrument for process monitoring and control for industrial applications.
- Long lifetime light emitter
- Tough instrument for industrial environments with ATEX & IECEx certification
- Choice of ATR and dip probe materials compatible for a wide range of operating environments
- No moving parts resulting in extremevibration tolerance
- Fixed dip probe with no need for long fibre-optic cables to connect probe to your reaction
- Output compatible with all major chemometric analysis packages
- Mid-infrared spectrum analysis with easy to download data file formats
- Stable instrument with recalibration frequency minimal to none
- Mid-infrared spectral analysis
- Inert Hastelloy probe
- ATR probe
- Certified safe for use in hazardous and potentially explosive environments
- Compact and rugged
- Low maintenance